A New Look For Natural History Journal

You might notice things are looking a little different around Natural History Journal.  Never fear: the content is all exactly the same and will continue to be just as it has always been.  All of your old favorite articles are here, and new ones will keep on coming.  (Click the icon in the upper left corner of the page - the one that looks like three horizontal lines - to access the blog archive, useful links and more.)

It's been three years since I decided to do something constructive with all the nature photographs and knowledge I've been amassing - and continue to amass - just about every time I venture out into nature.  Starting a blog, in a sense creating a public nature journal, seemed like the perfect outlet, a place to share photos, facts and stories with friends, family and whoever may care to stop by.

And I was right: this is the ideal way for me to marry two of my greatest passions, nature and writing.

Crafting each and every sentence of the past 246 posts (and counting) has been, and continues to be, a delight.

Just ask my husband: If I'm not outdoors exploring and doing what naturalists do, or otherwise seeing to an assortment of "real jobs" that require my attention, I may be found cloistered in our library, twelve tabs open at once in my internet browser, a selection of natural history texts and field guides spread on the table (encroaching on his side of our shared work space), typing away until suddenly, three hours have passed and I'm cranky because I've forgotten to stop to eat lunch.  Go ahead - ask him!


But my point is this: I love writing this blog, and deeply appreciate each of you who take the time to read, or even just scroll through my articles looking at the pictures.  Your continued interest and support gives me great encouragement!

My goals haven't changed.  I still aim to use Natural History Journal as a place to share the awe and wonder I feel at the beauty and intricacy of the natural world, to pass on more than just knowledge but also a deep sense of connection to and respect for nature.  Through my writing, I hope to convey the feeling of peace and fulfillment that is only received through engaging with Creation and its Creator.  And through what I hope are relevant, insightful, enlightening and maybe at times even amusing articles, I strive to instill in everyone a desire to protect and preserve this beautiful, wonderful, truly remarkable planet we have been given to share.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Comments

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like:

Birds of the Desert: Residents & Spring Migrants

Great Horned Owl Fledglings

Joshua Tree Woodlands: A Tale of Sloths, Moths and the Trees that Need Them

American Coots & Baby... Cootlings?

Gardens Gone Native: A Native Plant Garden Tour in the Sacramento Valley

A Shorebird Primer: Godwits, Curlews, Willets and Whimbrels