Sunday, September 4, 2016

Introduction

Welcome to Natural History Journal, a personal nature journal made available to all.  You have found a place of shared adventures, discoveries, and neat facts pertaining to the natural world.  Topics that are of particular interest to me include ecology, biology and geology; hiking, camping and traveling; birding, botanizing and tide-pooling.  And, perhaps most importantly, conservation and living a more sustainable lifestyle.


Osprey (Pandion haliaetus), Eastern Sierra Nevada

The impetus behind this blogging project is to document my adventures as a naturalist and share with others about the natural world.  But my goal is to share with you more than just information: I want to share the awe and wonder I feel at the beauty and intricacy of the natural world, and impart in everyone a desire to protect and preserve this incredible planet we all get to share. 

Information presented on this blog has been obtained through formal education, personal experience and lots of reading!  I am not an expert, and I certainly don't have all the answers.  I might get the Latin name of a wildflower wrong, or slightly misinterpret a geological principal - though hopefully not!  I apologize in advance if this happens and I gladly welcome correction.  This is, after all, intended to be a learning experience for everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment